Microplastics & Health – Expanding MOMENTUM (MOMENTUM 2.0)Deadline: o'clock
Please note: you can only submit when you have received an invitation
This call for proposals is on invitation. ZonMw invites the following applicants, who together lead the consortium, to submit an application on behalf of the consortium: Prof. J. (Juliette) Legler (Utrecht University), the project leader of the ongoing (More)MOMENTUM project, in collaboration with Prof. D. (Dick) Vethaak (Utrecht University), co-project leader of (More)MOMENTUM.
The aim of the current call is to put extra effort into specific goals that are already under study by the MOMENTUM consortium, or are a logical expansion of MOMENTUM. Microplastics & Health is a field of research wherein multidisciplinary collaboration and coordination are essential. This invitational call requests a proposal by the existing MOMENTUM consortium, which represents a large part of the research field in the Netherlands.
A parallel call invites researchers to provide proposals on specific research themes that are not addressed in the ongoing MOMENTUM initiative. The overarching goal of both calls for proposals is to develop knowledge and solutions and combine it in an overarching framework for health impact assessment.
This call invites the MOMENTUM consortium to provide a research proposal, as an extension and expansion of the ongoing public-private consortium. Target groups for the results are different stakeholders in the plastics chain, policy makers, but also the general public.
The Consortium will be additionally funded by ZonMw to a maximum of €3.650.000 (including VAT). MOMENTUM 2.0 can start directly when the proposal is awarded. However, the starting date is no later than December 31, 2023. The end date of MOMENTUM 2.0 is August 1st, 2025.
|Online information session||April 3, 2023, 13:00-15:00 CEST|
|Deadline for submitting a detailed grant application||May 9, 2023, 14.00 CEST|
|Precondition check by ZonMw (see section 2.0)||May 9 – May 12, 2023|
|Applicant receives the referees’ comments||June 5, 2023|
|Deadline for submitting a response (rebuttal)*||June 12, 2023|
|Interview meeting||Week 25 or week 26 (date not yet known)|
|Decision||Beginning of July, 2023|
|Latest start date project*||December 31, 2023|
|Latest end date project*||August 1st, 2025|
All the documents you need for your application can be found here. You can submit your grant application via the My ZonMw digital window until 9 May 2023, 14:00.
The proposal is required to address each of the following focus areas:
- Risk assessment:
- Standardized materials development
- Health effects
- Exposure assessment
- Solution routes
Collaboration with other projects from the M&H programme is mandatory once the proposals have been granted.
MyZonMw is a new system. We strongly advise you to start entering your application early, at least one week before the deadline. If you have any questions or problems, please contact ZonMw as soon as possible via the service desk: email@example.com.
If you have not worked with MijnZonMw before, you have to create an account. This also applies if you had already created a ProjectNet account before!
Download all information
Would you like to submit? The complete call for subsidies can be downloaded as pdf. It contains all the specific information about this call.
Checklist for applying for your grant:
Do you already have an account in My ZonMw?
Sign the statement agreeing to submit elaborate grant application and attach
Attach an Excel budget
Write the application in English
- The following annexes are mandatory:
- Letters of Commitment of each project party or sponsor (see Section 2.3);
- A project budget in ZonMw DAEB format (see Section 2.4);
- Consortium budget specification (see Section 2.4);
- The following optional annexes may be added:
- Maximum 10 sheets of A4 size with figures and tables;
- ZonMw now uses a different online application system. If you have not worked with Mijn ZonMw before, you must first register as a ‘New user’. For further information, see the Mijn ZonMw manual (in Dutch). We advise you to print out a Word version of your application (via Mijn ZonMw) and carefully review it for errors before you submit it digitally. This is especially important if you have created your application in Word and then copied it to Mijn ZonMw, as some characters (such as quotes) may not be converted correctly. You can correct this yourself in Mijn ZonMw
- Opening date:
- Budget subsidy round:
- Part of program