Procurement and tendering
Procurement and tendering policy
As we purchase so much, we believe it is important to do that in a professional manner. We therefore purchase things in a lawful, just and effective manner. We do this, for example, by:
- complying with legislation and fulfilling the agreed upon commitments;
- procuring in a sustainable and socially responsible manner;
- finding the supplier with the most suitable service or product against the best price-quality ratio;
- procuring against the optimal integral price-quality ratio;
- legitimate and efficient procurement;
- being an honest, reliable, business-like and professional contractor;
- reducing the administrative burden for both entrepreneurs and ZonMw employees;
- creating maximum value for ZonMw with the resources available.
The other objectives of ZonMw procurements are described in the Procurement and Tendering Policy.
ZonMw is bound by European tendering legislation with respect to the procurement of products and services. As an independent administrative body, ZonMw falls under the auspices of the European tendering guidelines (2014/27/EC) and the revised Public Procurement Act 2012.
General procurement conditions
Besides the procurement and tendering policy, ZonMw makes use of the following purchasing conditions dependent on the type of order:
- General Government Purchasing Conditions (ARIV) dated 3 May 2018;
- General Government Conditions for the Issuing of Orders to Perform Services 2018 (ARVODI) dated 3 May 2018, for large and complex orders;
- General Government Conditions for IT Agreements (Arbit 2022), for the procurement of IT orders.
Recruitment of temporary external employees
For the recruitment of temporary external personnel ZonMw makes use of two agreements.
- Up until salary scale 8, the staffing agency Driessen is the contracted party for filling vacancies.
- For temporary external personnel from salary scale 9 upwards, ZonMw publishes the vacancies via Flextender, the recruitment platform for the public sector. As an independent professional or supplier of personnel, you can simply register and respond to requests for hiring. For more information, please see www.flextender.nl.
Invoices for ZonMw can be sent, preferably with reference to the order letter and purchase order number, to:
PO Box 93138
2509 AC The Hague
Email address: email@example.com
Complaints helpdesk and complaints procedure
In the event that you do not agree with a procurement or tendering procedure, you can submit a complaint. This procedure helps us to prevent the unnecessary submission of complaints to a court and to quickly and simply find a solution by common accord instead.
You can submit your complaint to our complaints helpdesk: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will deal with your complaint as quickly as possible. Misunderstandings, unintended errors and wrongly imposed demands in the tender can be expertly and independently solved in this manner. For each tender, ZonMw states where and how you can submit a complaint in the tender documents.
Legal framework for tenders
With effect from 1 April 2013, the Public Procurement Act and the Public Procurement Decree became effective.
The most important legal framework for tenders currently consists of:
If you have an invoice for ZonMw, please send it, where possible including details of the order letter and the purchase order number, to:
Department of Finance
PO Box 93138
2509 AC The Hague, The Netherlands
Complaints desk and complaints procedure
It is possible that you do not agree with a procurement or tendering procedure. In this case, you can submit a complaint. In this way we ensure that complaints are not unnecessarily taken to court, but can be resolved quickly and easily by mutual agreement.
You can submit your complaint to our complaints desk: email@example.com.
We will deal with your complaint as soon as possible. Misunderstandings, unintentional errors and wrongly specified requirements in the tender can thus be resolved in an independent and professional manner. For each tender, ZonMw states in the tender documents where and how a complaint can be submitted.