Breakthrough projects on human exposure, behavior, interventions and standardised methodsDeadline: o'clock
Who can apply
The main applicant is a research organisation. Dutch health care Institutions, organisations that preform a statutory duty and organisations performing activities representing an interest group for the proposed project are eligible for a grant. Other organisations, or for-profit private parties can only participate though third party collaboration or contribution.
The call is to focused on four specific themes:
- Quantification and characterisation of environmental MNP and their microbiological and toxicological characteristics;
- Knowledge on determinants of citizen’s / consumer behaviour which are key in reducing personal MNP exposure and emissions;
- Insight into the effectiveness of interventions aimed to reduce MNP exposure;
- Development and harmonisation of standardized and scalable methods.
A parallel call invites the ongoing MOMENTUM consortium to submit a proposal. The overarching goal of both calls for proposals is to develop knowledge and solutions and combine it in an overarching framework for health impact assessment.
We ask the applicants to submit an application for a Microplastics & Health research project which has to start in 2023 and has to be finalized before August 1, 2025. The project group should preferably consist of researchers affiliated with research organisations and the relevant representatives of civil-society organisations, for example interest groups.
A maximum of €300.000 can be requested per application. The total available grant budget for this funding round is €2.100.000. The latest starting date is December 31, 2023 and the latest end date of the project is August 1st, 2025.
|Online information session||April 3, 2023, 13:00-15:00 CEST|
|Deadline intention letter||April 6, 2023|
|Deadline for submitting a detailed grant application||May 9, 2023, 14:00 CEST|
|Precondition check by ZonMw||May 9 – May 12, 2023|
|Applicant receives the referees’ comments||June 13, 2023|
|Deadline for submitting a response (rebuttal)||June 27, 2023|
|Latest start date project*||December 31, 2023|
|Latest end date project*||August 1st, 2025|
All the documents you need for your application can be found here. You can submit your grant application via the My ZonMw digital window until 9 May 2023, 14:00.
The proposals are required to address only one of the four specific themes described above. It is essential that research methods and results are compatible with the overall risk assessment framework, which is further described in the call for proposals. Collaboration with other projects from this call and the MOMENTUM consortium is mandatory once the proposals have been granted.
Downloads voor uw aanvraag
Checklist voor het aanvragen van uw subsidie:
- Do you already have an account in My ZonMw?
- Sign the statement agreeing to submit a detailed grant application and add
- Add an Excel budget
- The proposal is written in English;
- The following annexes are mandatory:
- Letters of Commitment of each project party or sponsor (see 2.3);
- A project budget in ZonMw format (see 2.4);
- The following optional annexes may be added:
- Maximum 2 sheets of A4 size with figures and tables;