- What effects do environmental small plastic particles have on epithelial integrity in lung or intestines?
- Which particles are absorbed and what is their fate and possible effect on the body?
- What are release kinetics of toxic chemicals from environmental small plastic particles inside the gastrointestinal tract, lungs and/or tissues?
- How does the immune system deal with environmental small plastic particles? How do relevant plastic bound chemicals and pathogens influence these processes?
- Which organs are most likely exposed to small plastic particles if and once the particles are absorbed and what are cellular effects in those organs?
Part of programme
Microplastics & Health
27 June 2018
20 September 2018,