What is NWO Talent Programme Veni?
Veni is a funding instrument from the NWO Talent programme. It offers researchers who have recently gained their PhD the opportunity to further develop their ideas over a period of three years.ZonMw encourages talented researchers in various stages of their career, for example through individual grants within the NWO Talent Programme (previously the Innovational Research Incentives Scheme). ZonMw realises the Veni for the domain of healthcare research and medical sciences on behalf of NWO.
- The Veni round is open for researchers who gained their PhD no more than three years ago on 1 January of the year of submission. Given the programme’s aim, it goes without saying that researchers must be capable of independently formulating and realising research.
- Applicants are at the start of their scientific career and have demonstrated their talent for scientific research.
- The Veni researcher can do this with a maximum grant of €280.000,- euros.
- Researchers can submit a proposal for Veni no more than two times.
- Foreign researchers can also apply for this funding.
- Further information can be found in the document “FAQs”.
- Please refer to the NWO website for more general information about the NWO Talent Programme