What is NWO Talent Programme Vici?
Vici is a funding instrument for senior researchers who have demonstrated that they can develop their own line of research. It offers senior researchers the opportunity to build up their own research group, which is often in anticipation of a tenured professorship. The research group must become structurally embedded in the research institution. ZonMw encourages talented researchers at various stages of their career, for example through personal grants within the NWO Talent Programme (previously the Innovational Research Incentives Scheme). ZonMw realises the Vici for the domain of healthcare research and medical sciences on behalf of NWO.
- Vici is targeted at the excellent senior researcher who has successfully demonstrated the ability to develop his or her own innovative line of research and the ability to act as a coach for young researchers. Another requirement is that applicants gained their PhD no more than 15 years ago, calculated from the PhD graduation date to the cut-off date for the Vici round (1 March).
- Researchers can submit a proposal for Vici no more than three times.
- The maximum Vici grant is €1.500.000,- euros
- Foreign researchers can also apply for this funding.
- Further information can be found in the document “FAQs”.
- Please refer to the NWO website for more general information about the NWO Talent Programme